In fact, you and I probably have a number of things in common. First, we’re focused on serving our organization and its supporters all day, every day. Second, we’re committed to the thoughtful practice of our craft and desire to expand our skill sets.
In other words, you’re an artist. You’re also a scientist. And you’re a fundraiser.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I also know the following about you:
- You don’t need another refresher on “the fundraising cycle”
- You’re tired of people telling you how “donor-centered” you need to be
- And you have absolutely no use for more charts announcing: “The #1 reason people give is because they’re asked!”
Instead, let’s focus on things relevant to the work we actually do day-to-day. And let’s focus on how we can grow as artists, scientists, and fundraisers.
Sign up for the Fearless Fundraising newsletter, or come back often, because you can expect posts on the following in the months ahead:
- Instant rapport: a quick and easy tune-up for your soft skills
- How to get a prospect to return your phone call
- Templates for killer follow-up emails
- Beyond listening: why watching your prospect is more important
- Your playbook for meaningful qualification visits
- Fearless asking: how to win the inner game
- The psychology of bigger asks
- Productivity hacks for full- and part-time gift officers